Level 2 National Professional Qualification for Senior Leadership
The National Professional Qualification for Senior Leadership (NPQSL) ualification that provides national recognition of your leadership development and professional achievement as a senior leader.
- 1. NPQSL is for those individuals who not only have responsibility for leading a team, but are also involved in leading a range of issues that affect the whole school or organisation. It's aimed at senior leaders, including experienced middle leaders, deputy heads, SENCOs and advanced skills teachers and other senior staff looking for further professional development but not aspiring to headship at this stage in their career.
- 2. The qualification will support you in becoming a highly effective senior leader with the skills, confidence and knowledge to contribute to the strategic development of your school or organisation as part of the senior leadership team.
- 3. To achieve the NPQSL qualification you'll need to successfully complete two essential modules and two further elective modules, which you are free to choose from a wide range of options.
- Closing the gap
- Succeeding in senior leadership
Sample elective modules*
- Improving the quality of teaching
- Research and development in teaching
- Effective whole-school management
- School self-evaluation
- Leading professional development
- Leading change for improvement
- Leading in a diverse system
- Effective partnership working
*titles subject to change
- Each module requires up to 50 hours of blended learning. This typically consists of workplace learning, face-to-face activity, including peer and facilitated learning, reading, reflection and online learning.
- 5. NPQSL offers the same quality hallmarks that you'd expect of any National College leadership development programme:
- high quality learning materials, with a strong focus on current research and outstanding practice
- opportunities to think about the implications for your own leadership through discussion and debate with peers, a coach and your line manager
- assessment focusing on tasks linked to school improvement activities undertaken in the workplace – delivering real benefits for you and your school or organisation
- the assurance of a qualification assessed and awarded by the National College
- opportunities, offered by a number of our licensees, to use your qualification to contribute towards a Master's degree
To find out more follow the link below: