WHO CAN BECOME A TEACHING SCHOOL?
- a clear track-record of successful collaboration with partner schools
- Ofsted outstanding for overall effectiveness, teaching and learning and leadership
- consistently high levels of pupil performance or continued improvement
- an outstanding headteacher with at least three years headship experience, and outstanding senior and middle leaders with capacity to support others
Teaching Schools will work collaboratively in networks or clusters of schools to offer high quality provision:
- to individuals through ITT, CPD and leadership development – creating a continuum of development from ITT to senior leadership
- to schools facing challenging circumstances
They will also take on a coordination role on behalf of a network of schools:
- identifying potential leaders and growing potential with and between schools
- designating and brokering the new role of specialist leaders of education
- using some of their funds to enable others to contribute
And Teaching Schools will have collective responsibility for the performance of the schools system, not just their own school.