SCHOOL DIRECT: HOW TO APPLY
We are currently accepting applications onto our 2022/2023 School Direct Programme.
To apply for School Direct you will need to complete an online application through the DFE Website HERE. To be considered for our School Direct Programme please select St John Bosco School as your lead school when applying (Provider Code 1FU). We will be holding a number of interview dates across the course of the academic year. For further information please contact: email@example.com
Find out more about School Experience
What are we looking for in a candidate?
We are looking to recruit talented candidates who have the qualities and attributes suited to a career in teaching and the drive and ambition to make it happen.
The sorts of personal qualities we are looking for are:
- A friendly and approachable nature
- Good interpersonal skills
- Organisation and time management
- A passion for your subject
- A positive outlook
- A creative and innovative approach
- The ability to reflect on and improve practice
- Potential leadership capabilities
- A degree classification of 2:1 or above in all subject areas, apart from Maths, Physics, Chemistry, MFL and Computing which we would accept a 2:2 or above.
- You must have a degree in which at least 50% of the content is the subject you want to teach.
- GCSE in Mathematics and English Language Grade C/4 or above.
Why choose School Direct as a way to train?
- You will spend more time in school than trainees on a ‘traditional’ PGCE route.
- You will be training alongside outstanding teachers and lead professionals.
- You will receive excellent professional development within our partnership schools and with our University Partner.
- You will experience the diversity of excellent education providers in different types of schools with different specialisms within our Partnership.
- You will still have access to University facilities e.g. libraries, lectures etc.
- You will gain the academic award of PGCE through Liverpool Hope University. Masters Accreditation can be awarded on successful completion of assignments across the year. Successful completion of placements will contribute towards the award of Qualified Teacher Status. The timescale for this is under review by the Department for Education as part of their Early Career Framework
- You will be supported in seeking employment on successful completion of training.
Will I have a job at the end of all this?
Whilst there can be no guarantee of employment, our track record is outstanding. The majority of our cohort secure employment within Liverpool schools. St John Bosco Arts College will support you through the application process to secure your first teaching post. Trainees would be required to go through a full and formal application process for any vacancies.
School Direct Contact Info
Mrs Jane Kennedy
Phone : 0151 330 5142 / 07918 726 594
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Miss Sophie Lewis-Newton
Phone : 0151 330 5142 / 07912 240 749
Email : email@example.com
Register here for more information on Teacher Training >>