1. Movement about the building
- always walk in single file
- keep to the right in corridors and on stairs
- no shouting so as not to disturb other students in lessons
- do not push; accidents can be avoided!
- correct uniform – blouses to be tucked in neatly, blazers must be worn
- outdoor coats must be removed on entering the building and stored in lockers.
3. Jewellery – Students may only wear
- a watch
- one pair of plain gold studs where they have pierced ears, in the lobe of the ear only. This is for safety and security reasons.
4. Facial Piercings
- on the grounds of health & safety any facial piercing (including tongues) is not acceptable. Students will not be allowed to be in college at any time with any
- dyed hair, braids with beads or extensions are not allowed
- in the interest of hygiene and safety long hair must be tied back
- ribbons or bobbles must be plain white, pink or grey.
6. Make Up / Nail Varnish
- any girl arriving at college wearing these items will be asked to remove them.
- is a health and safety hazard and is strictly forbidden in college
- any breach of this rule will be treated very seriously.
8. Chewing Gum
- is not allowed in college. There should be no chewing or eating in the classroom.
9. Other Forbidden Items
- magazines, matches/cigarette lighters
- bottles of liquid paper, canned drinks/drinks in glass bottles.
- fizzy drinks or ‘energy’ drinks.
10.Mobile Phones including smart watches and other such devices
- must be turned off and locked safely in student lockers. Students are NOT
allowed to carry them around in pockets.
- must not be used to take photographs in school.
- look after money carefully. If you have to bring money for college purposes, pay
it immediately in to the right person
- for other use, hand it in at the office for safe keeping.
12. Lockers – for a £15 non-returnable fee
- each student will be provided with a secure locker in which to store
equipment, books, bags and coats
- if a key is lost then there is a replacement charge.
13. Essential Equipment
Every student is expected to provide the following basic items of equipment:
- pens – blue or black ink only
- pencils, pencil sharpener and rubber
- coloured pencils
- 30cm ruler
All of this should be brought to college in a suitable bag which should be locked in your locker during the college day.
- for reasons of safety no student should touch windows, blinds or curtains.
- keep the college buildings and grounds clean and tidy.
16.Travelling to/from college
- you represent your college when travelling locally and are easily identifiable by
your uniform. Our reputation depends on the way you behave in the neighbourhood.